Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who I am.

I still remember my first day in beauty school.
I was barely 17 and thought I could do anything.
I was excited to start a new adventure...
Something I lived for..
Something I was really good at.
I put my whole heart and soul into it.
I gave it my all.

I loved every minute of it.
I loved the learning, the creating, and the progressing.
I became obsessed.
I wanted to be the best.

It became my creative outlet.
It became who I was.
It was me.
It was how I felt.

I remember when I graduated...
I remember how happy I was.
I felt like I accomplished the impossible.
You see, everyone told me that I couldn't..
I knew I could and would.
I wanted to prove them wrong.
I wanted to make something of myself.

I worked at a Salon...
I liked it, but wanted more.

Then, I got away.
Away from it all.
All the pain, all the emptiness.

I did make something of myself.
I realized who I really was.
I realized what I stood for.
It all happened out on the East.

I continued on with my life...
Served a mission, and fell in love with the East Coast...
and my man.

I felt like something was missing inside.
I needed more.
My husband helped me through.
He inspired me to do what I love.
What I am passionate about.
That passion is...
hair.

Utah does not have reciprocity with Pennsylvania.
I had to take all the test again.
 I dug up books I hadn't looked at in almost a decade.

Dave stayed up late to help me study.
He labeled 46 combs.
I labeled more than I can remember.
He stood by me, he supported me.
He helped me through.
 He knew more than I did.

He woke up early with me and helped prepare me for the practical.
He drove me to take the theory.
He waited patiently.
He prayed for me, he cheered me on.

I passed.
I still can't believe that I did it.
I never thought I would.
I always thought it would just be a someday a maybe...
but now it is a...
today.

Now ten years later, I feel the same excitement as I did when I started beauty school.
I feel the passion coming back.
I know I can do it.
I know I will succeed.
I will give it my all.
It is who I am.




4 comments:

  1. I am so so so happy for you! I love the way you wrote this. What an awesome accomplishment! My whole family needs haircuts so bad now! I want you to cut Ashton's hair, I want her to have cute bangs and long layers and I really want to dye my hair dark too. :) You'll have to text me your prices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you!! Congrats and I am glad you went after something you have such a passion for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and inspiring! So glad I can call you a friend. Ava and Jackson play salon now and pretend to give each other hair cuts with tongs. Oh and me too. Ava says just like Sister Vagnoni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when are you going to come and work our our hair? I could desperately use it!!! :-) Seriously, LOVE the way your wrote this and what it all means to you. Congratulations on your big accomplishment - it is definitely something to be proud of!! Make sure you frame it!!! Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete