Monday, December 5, 2011

Tofu Teriyaki

I was a vegetarian for a long time. When I served my mission in Brasil that stopped! They eat so much meat there I really had no choice. I am grateful for the food there and really needed it and it was really good! Anyways..lately meat has started to really gross me out. When I say meat..I don't mean beef. I mean every kind of meat including chicken. I am lucky that Dave is ok with me making meatless dinners a few nights a week.
I make anything from veggie burgers to tofu.  Last week I made my favorite dish.


Teriyaki Tofu!

It's really easy to make. Here is the recipe for those of you who may want to go out of your comfort zone and try something new.

1 package of extra firm organic tofu
1 bottle of teriyaki sauce..your choice
1 bag fresh snap peas
1 bag of carrots peeled and cut
1 onion chopped
(you can add more veggies if you would like)
Brown rice

Make rice. Open tofu and drain. Cut into thin slices. Fill tofu package with teriyaki sauce. Let it marinade.
Cut all the veggies and steam them. In a pan put some teriyaki sauce and add tofu. Cook on medium for about ten minutes. Add veggies. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.  
You're done!
Now all you do is add some rice and you have yourself a great meal!

I really love this stuff and could eat it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment